29 June 2010

MOVIES: Toy Story 3

I love Toy Story 3! 

If you haven't seen it yet, you need to see it! It was AWESOME!  It was an excellent closing to the Toy Story trilogy.  Pixar did a fantastic job bringing back the beloved characters, while introducing new ones.  The storyline was great too!  It definitely takes you on a ride, trying to figure out the welfare of the toys as Andy prepares to go to college.  I'm not going to lie; I teared up at the end of the film.



I was just reminded of how I used to play with my toys and what happened to them once I out grew them.  Some of them were handed down to my younger cousins, while others were sold in garage sales or given away to family friends or children in the Philippines.  However, some are still in the house...somewhere.

I know that my Peter Pan doll is in my room.  He sits on my dresser.  I used to carry him everywhere.  I loved Peter Pan so much when I was a kid that I was him for Halloween one year.  Kinda like how Andy dressed up like Woody or Buzz. 

After watching Toy Story 3, I wondered where all my Barbie dolls went.  I think I probably played with them the most with my sister.  We enjoyed changing their clothes and creating different scenarios of families and friends.  It was fun.  I'm glad Ken was introduced in this movie.  I found it funny that he had a whole closet of clothes.  I'm pretty sure my Ken dolls only had swim shorts and if we were lucky a suit.  Pixar made some additional shorts with Ken, including Groovin' with Ken (found below) and Ken's Dating Tips



As we grow up, there will always be a special place for those things we grew up with - toys, childhood friends, places and more.  I'll never forget those things or the memories I made with them.  I'll always be a kid at heart. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, Tarra, I love playing with my childhood toys! I did the exact same with my Barbies, changing them in a variety of outfits from a bride to a cowgirl. So much fun. My Ken doll was a polygamist in swim trunks.

    I still need to see Toy Story 3! I'm missing out big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caitlin - Hahaha! Sometimes I felt like my sister and I would change their outfits more than actually playing with them. Then we'd be all mad at ourselves for changing them so many times. Bahahaha! Same with my Ken doll; we only had like 3 with like 5x (or more) Barbie dolls. Definitely wasn't balanced!

    You totally need to see it!! It's so good that I want to go again to see it (which I normally don't do for movies at the theatre)! haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!! Tarra, I saw it twice. I was proud of myself. I still have this Chilly-Willy doll from when I went to Sea World when I was younger. It still sits near my work area here at home. I had the opportunity to get a newer one a few years ago, but chose not to because of all the memories I had with the original one.

    I should mention, Chilly-Willy was a penguin, if you didn't know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rick - Actually, I do know who Chilly-Willy is. I was like, "That name sounds familiar!" Yeah, I remember him from Sea World. :)

    ReplyDelete