23 June 2010

BEAUTY: Haircuts & Tans

Every time I get a haircut, I'm not so sure about it.  There's this uncertainty about it just because I'm not used to it.  This time was exactly like every time.  Although I gave specific instruction of how I want my hair done and knew how the final product would feel and look, I was thinking twice about the cut on the drive home.


But after washing it, I like it! It's exactly what I wanted. 

Now I just have to try to prevent split ends because I'm growing it out for who knows how long.  I'm not really sure how long I want to grow it, but we'll see how long I can go without getting frustrated and chopping it off!  I'll definitely donate it if it's the proper length. :)

P.S. You probably can't tell I cut my hair in that picture, but it's an inch shorter with fixed bangs and new layers. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You also can't really tell in that picture that I'm a lot darker than when I was in Portland. Thank goodness for the California sun in the summertime!  LOVE IT! :)

Tanning has a really interesting history.  It used to be fashionable to be pale because it meant you were part of the higher classes and had the luxury of staying indoors.  On the other hand, people of lower classes were hard at work outside under the sun, causing them to tan. Somewhere along those lines, it changed, where having a tan is socially acceptable, especially in American culture.  However, some cultures still follow the tradition.

But yeah, I just like swimming and running outside...so that's different right?

4 comments:

  1. eeek! you do look darker [had to click on the picture, haha]

    looks good though. glad you like your haircut this time, but i definitely didn't mind your haircut you had in our last vlog we had for the library blog. you know the one with swoopy bangs, haha. it was a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks rick! those swoopy bangs were my comb over bangs. yikes! but i'm glad they turned out that way for the video! this haircut isn't much different. i just had it pulled back when i took a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And hopefully no more awkward half bangs that only span part of your forehead! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, hopefully!! now that i'm back at home, i know my hair is in good hands for pretty much half the price i paid in portland. thank goodness! :D

    ReplyDelete