15 June 2010

Dear Family & Friends...

As much as I love telling you all individually what's going on with my post grad life, I figure it might be easier to just blog about it, but I'd love to keep in touch with you too.    :)

This new chapter in my life is quite different from the rest.  I'm so used to knowing what's coming next and what to expect later, but now, my future seems to be a big question mark.

So back tracking to high school, my goal was to get stellar grades and participate in a ton of extracurriculars to get into college. Then major in Communication Studies to become a journalist. After graduating college, it was off to grad school to further enhance those journalism skills.

My original plan was right on track until I got to after college graduation...and that's where this blog begins.

It has been 1 month, 13 days since I graduated 
from the University of Portland in Portland, Ore.

In my graduation announcements, I announced that I got an internship in Portland, Ore. Unfortunately, that is not that case. I was qualified for the position at this public relations (PR) agency, but due to my lack of reliable transportation in the city, I was turned down.

Side note:  During my senior year, I increasingly became interested in PR and event planning as a possible career. However, I'm still fascinated with journalism. Needless to say, my options just widened by a lot.

So I'm at home, searching and applying for internships/jobs (more about this later), but no such luck.  It feels like summer vacation, and I'm still in the mind set that I won't be here after August, even though I will.  As much as I love this infinite summer feeling, it has been frustrating that I haven't found an internship or job yet.

I really want to gain more experience so that I have something to work off of in grad school. Yes, that is still part of the plan. It's just a matter of figuring out what I want to focus on.

Well, that's my current scenario in a nut shell.  This blog will record my post grad life, including updates on the job hunt, future goals, adventures with family and friends, random thoughts and more.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Finally, a blog where I can keep up with you!!

    Exciting!!

    Btw, I love the picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarra, I understand 100%. You should read some of my blogs. They sound quite similar! Good luck with the job search! You are great, and I know you will find something spectacular! :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rick - Yup! After writing the library blog with you, I have to agree that blogging has become a bit of a habit or hobby...however you want to think of it. :)

    @Heidi - I'll definitely check out some of your blogs! Thanks for following and your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tarra, it's both now. Had I not blogged with you this past semester I would have just called it a hobby. But since you got me hooked, it's a habit of mine to blog now, ha.

    ReplyDelete