02 September 2010

NYC: 3 days

Sacramento
New York City

With three days left until I leave for New York, I'm starting to feel a bit apprehensive about leaving the Golden State for the Big Apple because...

1) I have a lot to do before even preparing for the trip, like celebrate my mom's birthday, apply for jobs/internships in NYC, run errands, visit relatives and more.

2) After getting a job interview with Macy's in NYC, I thought I'd be happier, but then I started having those feelings of being stuck and not being able to come back to California. Terrible thoughts, right?

3) Applying for jobs/internships is still crazy.  Anyone apply for jobs on Craigslist have any advice??

4) Only having less than a week to prepare for this transition has been anything but relaxing, which doesn't help at all.

This is a huge opportunity, and I know I should take it with open arms because seriously, it's not every day you get a chance to go to New York to try to find your dream job. I think it's just those natural feelings before making a big move in life, like going away for college.  I probably just got so comfortable being home that I'm trying to find reasons to stay but know that NYC is where I should go if I want to gain that experience I'm looking for. 

Plus, I really want to help my auntie with her new baby. I can't wait to meet my cousin. I think this reason for going to NYC makes up for all the horrible, apprehensive thoughts I've been having.

With three days to go, I hope I find time to do everything on my to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. Have you been to this site? Ed2010.com

    It has magazine job and internship postings! They're probably impossible to get, but there are open positions than I thought there would be... worth a try if you're going to NY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elly! I haven't checked out that site before, but after reviewing, it looks like a lot of great information. A networking session...!! Sounds like the perfect opportunity! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete