04 August 2010

JOB HUNT: Info Interview with Burson-Martseller

Today I got a chance to talk to an HR Manager from Burson-Martseller, a PR agency in San Francisco, Calif., among other offices around the world.  It was an excellent opportunity to get some information about PR as well as what I need to do to boost my chances of landing a job.

From this chat, I realized that I need to get some more experience in PR by completing an internship or even some basic job experience.  I think it might be easier to get an internship first, but I'm up for anything.  I want to learn more about this field and see if it really is something I want to do.  From what I learned in my PR class and from what people have told me, it sounds like a field perfect for the skills I have, but it's just a matter of finding out myself.

I know I need to work on my interview skills, which is really important for the whole job applying process.  I've been so used to being the interviewer that I haven't worked on being interviewed in a while.  I just need to be more prepared and not so nervous.  I know my stuff, but sometimes I stumble over my words. Ah! Nerves! But with practice, I know I can do this!

So for now, my job hunt has turned into an internship hunt with some jobs thrown into the mix.

It's already August, and I'm still jobless in this post-grad life...

No comments:

Post a Comment