14 December 2010

NYC: What's next...?

The return to New York City draws ever nearer as the hours, minutes, seconds tick closer to my departure from home.  While I am excited about returning to the Big Apple, it also dawns on me some of the biggest decisions of my life. Well, I'm not sure if they are that huge, but right now, it seems that way. 

Most of these decisions surround my career path in public relations.  I have so many opportunities unfolding in front of me, particularly in the realm of internships, but I'm worried about taking the wrong step or going in the wrong direction.  I'm not sure if this is even possible in this industry, especially in NYC, but that's the thing - the whole uncertainty of the situation as well as making the decision without advisory, worries me.

I'm so accustomed to talking to someone through my decisions.  It reassures me that I'm making the right decision. Yes, I know I have talked to several close friends about this situation and many of them have been very supportive (thank you!).  However, these decisions still rest on my shoulders.  It's not a team effort; it's mine.

I guess this comes with living in the "real" world.  It's time to make your own decisions and hope for the best.

I know wherever I go, it'll hopefully be a rewarding experience and hopefully have both short term as well as long term benefits for my career path.

The song "Firework" by Katy Perry has been pretty inspirational!  It just makes me feel good. It makes me think that with whatever choice I make, I will be amazing because I believed and trusted in myself in making this decision.

 

Wish me luck. Decision day is coming soon...

P.S. Speaking of internships, I know I mentioned before I'm an intern for the City Parks Foundation, which hosts community building events through the parks in all five boroughs. This internship is pretty amazing because it is a good fit for me as an event planner. Things somewhat overlap from my CPB experience, but I really enjoying learning new things every day.  It also gives a different perspective of event planning since it's mostly about publicizing the events and such.  In addition, it's really neat having an internship in Central Park. It's kinda chilly on those brisk fall mornings, especially now as the temperature drops, but it's lovely seeing the scenery...

Lovely fall colors in Central Park (Nov. 2010)

The Arsenal - it kinda looks like I work in a castle. SWEET! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment