19 October 2010

NYC: Milestones

Alright, it has been a really long time since I've last updated, but honestly, I have been super busy with work and my internship (yeah, forgot to write a post about that).

But yeah, here's some quick milestones that have happened while in NYC.

October 5 - I started my internship with the City Parks Foundation.  It reminds me of CPB but for parks.  It's all about building community through events and activities in the parks located in the five boroughs.  It's been good so far. I'm excited about working on the project to promote the "Three Bears Holiday Bash," which is a marionette puppet production for children.  

October 5 - This date also marks my first month in NYC. How time flies!

October 9 - First time in New Jersey. I got lost, and can someone please tell me why this state doesn't believe in sidewalks? Now Shel Silverstein's book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" makes sense...

October 17 - This date marks my first month working at Macy's. I can't believe it's already been a month.  I feel like it has been longer...probably because I'm there all the time.

I guess that's all the milestones thus far! There are times when I'm walking around the city, and everything just seems so surreal.  It's so weird when I'm watching TV and recognize a place or realize I was just there.  For instance, Vh1 did their Top 20 Countdown in Max Brenner's chocolate shop, and I was there eating some chocolate pizza only days before. How awesome! haha

You try sneaking a picture in the library.




But yes, life in NYC is considerably different from California, but I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had out here.  I definitely want to make the most of it while I have the chance.

I'm heading back home for a short bit in December. It'll be nice to be home. :)

Well, it's back to those job applications in the library (where else?). Yes, even though I have a job and internship, I'm looking for something else to do. You know how I am. Busy busy all the time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment