01 April 2011

Dear 23...

Happy 23rd Birthday! :)
I'm not sure what to expect of you, since you're - well, lack of a better word - odd, literally. According to my best friend, it's my Jordan year. I get that, since Michael Jordan rocked out #23 with the Chicago Bulls for several years and was the best! That's what I need to make this year...THE BEST!

As you know from my previous post (way back in January), it's the year for enterprising.  Starting my birthday year in NYC is definitely a good start because this is where dreams become reality. You know the saying - If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere! And honestly, I can feel it. I'm so close to getting somewhere career-wise, but it's going to take a lot of hard work and determination to reach that goal.  I would be really surprised if I couldn't get my foot in the door here with all the intern experience I've racked up over the past several months. Updates later about the job search...

So 23, can you handle being stacked against my college years? This year marks my first year out of school; talk about freedom. I'm still getting used to not having the restrictions of having a school schedule to plan out my year. It's kind of weird after spending 16+ years constricted to a school year schedule, but that's how life works.

It'll be interesting to see where this adventure goes.  Staying in NYC would be fantastic (for a job) but at the same time, I pine for a return to the West Coast to see my family and friends. It all comes down to faith and trusting God and His path for me.

Also, is it true "nobody likes you when you're 23"? That's a bummer, but maybe blink182 just needed a good number for rhyming and 23 worked?! Hahahaha Well, guess I'll found out with first hand experience. :)

BTW...I was going to put the video, but then, decided not to. I'm sure you can guess why.

But yes, here's to another year and being 23! Let's make it a year to remember! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment